In ServiceDesk R12, CA Workflow allows task approvals via emails. This document explains the steps to setup CA Workflow for email approvals.
The Email Task Approval feature allows to either Allow/Reject a task assigned to the approver.
The Email task approvals allow to perform tasks via email. This feature is disabled by default and needs to be enabled through Workflow Manager or Workflow IDE.
Please follow the steps given below to enable the Email Task Approvals.
- Login to CA Workflow IDE
- Go to Server Configuration tab
- Values for the following options need to be provided to enable Email Task Approvals
- EmailTaskApprovalFeatureEnabled : Enables task completion through email response.
- EmailTaskApprovalFromAddress : Identifies the email 'from' address.
- EmailTaskApprovalUserId: Identifies the email user ID.
- EmailTaskApprovalFromName: Displays the name of the workflow's email account.
- EmailTaskApprovalProtocolName: Identifies the email protocol used to connect to the mail server. Available options are IMAP, POP3 and WebDAV. Note: You can choose WebDAV to connect to Microsoft Exchange server only if Outlook Web Access (OWA) is enabled for the Exchange server and the CA Workflow email account is accessible using OWA.
- EmailTaskApprovalFolderName: Identifies the folder name on the email account. By default the folder INBOX is used to receive an email.
- EmailTaskApprovalConnectHost: Identifies the host name of the mail server that is used by workflow.
- EmailTaskApprovedSubject: Modifies the approval email Subject line.
- EmailTaskApprovedBody: Modifies the approval email body text.
- EmailTaskApprovedHyperlink : Modifies the email link the email recipient clicks to approve the task.
- EmailTaskRejectedSubject: Modifies the rejection email Subject line.
- EmailTaskRejectedBody: Modifies the rejection email body text.
- EmailTaskRejectedHyperlink:Modifies the email link the email recipient clicks to reject the task.
- EmailTaskErrorNotificationEmailSubject: Modifies the Subject line of the email that CA Workflow sends to the user to indicate a failure or an error.
- EmailTaskSuccessNotificationEmailSubject: Modifies the Subject line of the email that CA Workflow sends to the user to indicate success.
- EmailTaskSuccessNotificationEmailBody: Modifies the body text of the notification email that CA Workflow sends to the user to indicate a failure or an error.
- EmailTask.Exchange.ExchangePath: Identifies the relative path name of the Microsoft Exchange server. The default value is generally sufficient.
- EmailTask.Exchange.FormBasedAuthPath : Identifies the forms-based authentication path, which depends on the mail server configuration. The default value is generally sufficient.
- EmailTask.Exchange.isWebdavConnectionSecure: Determines if "https" is used in the URL to connect to Outlook Web Access (OWA).
Uses "https" to connect.
Does not use "https" to connect.
- EmailTask.Exchange.WebdavConnectionDomain: Identifies the domain name for the user that is used to connect to Microsoft Exchange via WebDAV.
Note: The last two options need to be set only if the EmailTaskApprovalProtocolName is selected as WEBDAV.
- After installing the above options, click on the Save to server icon present on top.
- Restart tomcat for CA Workflow using command pdm_tomcat_nxd -d STOP -t CAWF and pdm_tomcat_nxd -d START -t CAWF. Fig1 shows the server configuration screen with the options installed.
- The Approve form in the process definition needs to be modified to enable email approvals. In the Workflow IDE, open the Order PC - ServiceDesk R12 process definition. Double click on the Order PC Approve form activity node->Send Email tab. Figure 2
- Check the option Send Email and Send Task Approve/Rejection Notification Email. In the To field by default you have Approver, In the Subject field enter any subject.
- Click on Default Template tab to enter the default body for the approve/rejection email.
- Click on OK to save the activity. See Figure 3
- Open a new change order with the category using the Order PC process definition.
- Complete all the tasks till Order PC Approve Form .
- An email with two options Allow and Reject is sent to the approver. See Figure 4
- Click on either Allow or Reject and it will open a new message window with the values populated in the To Address , Subject and Body fields. See Fig 5 Sending the reply will either Approve or Reject the change order and close it.