How to setup AES encryption for system agent on R11.3 agents?
In order to use AES, users will have to create a key and edit the agentparm.txt file.
- Set the encryption on the agent using the keygen utility.
- Enter the following command at the command prompt:
keygen 0xkey cipher destination
keygen 0x1020304050607080 AES /path/to/cryptkey.txt
- Shutdown the agent and edit agentparm.txt.
- Edit the following parameter to specify the encryption key:
- Add/set the following parameter for the agent to use the FIPS-certified library and cipher algorithm in agentparm.txt
- Save the agentparm.txt and start the agent.
Note: The scheduler must also have the same encryption key setup in the topology or agentdef.