How to set the default resource availability rate?
When creating a new resource the default availability rate is set to 8 and we would like to change it to 9. We tried to use Studio to change the default value, but it is not working. How can we change it?
If you are attempting to change the default Resource Availability through the Object Definition Framework (ODF), this value is not used on the application pages when creating a new Resource record. The application still uses the calculated hours per day based on the standard calendar shifts.
The method in which to change the default Resource Availability is accomplished using the following steps:
- Navigate to Administration, Project Management : Base Calendars
- Click 'Standard' Base Calendar Name
- The 'Edit Calendar Exceptions' Tab will appear with the current month displayed.
- To change the 'Shifts' for each day, click the check box for each working day such as "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", "Thu", "Fri" (not the dates)
- Click the 'Set Shifts' button
- The 'Shifts' page will appear to allow you to modify or create additional shifts.
EXAMPLE: f you want to have a 9-hour day, you can set shift 1 from 07:30 am to 12:00 pm and set shift 2 from 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Click 'Submit' button
- Now your standard, default hours per day will be calculated to 9. You can confirm this by creating a new resource.
When a new resource is created, the defaults come from the "Standard" Base Calendar. You can change the default Availability value at the time you create the resource or edit the record at a later time.
Note: Making modifications to any Resource Calendar impacts the performance of the Time Slicing job. The job will have to catch up to process availability changes based on the calendar modifications so expect the slicing job to run for a longer time after making these changes.