This document describes how you can send a PF- or PA-key which is used by TPX as Jump-, Menu- or Print-Key to an application.
In TPX you can define PF-, PA- or the ATTN-key for special purposes.
- The Jump key for jumping into the next active session
- The Menu key to jump back into the TPX menu
- The Print key to print the current screen image
When a key is defined for one of these purposes, it cannot be used anymore in the session as it is now under TPX control.
If you need to send these keys to the application you can do the following:
- Go to the TPX menu, position the curser in front of the session and press the desired PF- or PA-key. It will then be sent to the selected session.
- If option 5 in SMRT(13 Optional Parameters) is switched on, you need to enter the Command Character to make the keys work as Jump-, Menu- or Print- key. In this case, you can use these keys in the session just by using them without the Command Character.
- You can use the ACLs in 'TPX.ACLLIB' with name 'PF' and 'PA'.
To send e.g. PF14 to a session simply enter '/S PF 14' in the session and press PF12 (assume that '/' is the Command Character and PF12 the Command Key which is TPX default).
For PA-keys there are three ACLs available, named PA1, PA2 and PA3 respectively. They send the appropriate PA-key to the session. Their use is slightly different, here you enter '/S PAn' without a blank between PA and the 'n' which is to be substituted with 1, 2 or 3.