The scheduling feature in Java Infoview provides limited options. This document explains the steps involved in creating a custom schedule plan for reports.
In Java Infoview, the following options are provided for scheduling the reports.
- Nth day of the month
- 1st day of the month
- Last day of the month
- X Day of Nth week of month
There is an additional option "Calendar". This allows to create a custom schedule for a report.
To use this option, a calendar needs to be defined in BOXI.
Steps to create a calendar in BOXI.
- Login Central Management Console as Administrator
- Under Define section, click on Calendar
- Click on New Calendar Fig 1
- Enter the Name and Description for the calendar. Click on OK Fig 2
- It will display the Dates tab with an yearly view of the calendar.
- Here you can select the dates for any month. Click on the month for which the report needs to be scheduled.
- It will display the month view. Fig 3
- Select the days which the report needs to be scheduled. Click on Update to Save the changes.
- Repeat the above step for remaining months if needed. After the changes are saved, the new run day will be changed to Original run day. Fig 4
Steps to use a calendar in Java Infoview:
- Login to Infoview
- Select the report that needs to be scheduled (Ex Asset List) and click on Schedule link. Fig 1
- In the Run Object drop down select Calendar and it will display the first calendar available if multiple calendars are available. Fig 2
- Specify the Start Time and the End Time for the report and click on Schedule button. The report will run on the specified run days.