As an initial CA Audit troubleshooting step you will usually be asked to provide us with "ACSTAT" output. The acstat.exe utility collects Audit and System information that is very useful in determining where your problem may lie.
The acstat.exe supplied with Audit r8 SP1 CR2 was designed to collect much more information than previous versions. Using the CR2 version instead of the version supplied with Audit r8 or r8 SP1 will ease your collection of Audit and System information. The alternative is supplying us with registry exports, copies of your Audit Policy files, "msinfo32" system summary output, host files, etc.
The following will provide instructions on how to use ACSTAT and upgrading and using the r8 SP1 CR2 with r8 and r8 SP1.
To run the ACSTAT utility please do the following:
- Open a Command Prompt (Start -->, Run -->, cmd <enter>)
- cd to: \Program Files\CA\eTrust Audit\bin (If the default install path was used)
- run acstat > acstat.txt (This will place the acstat output "acstat.txt" in the ...eTrust Audit\bin directory)
- You can then attach the acstat.txt file to your issue via SupportOnline.
If you are running Audit r8 or r8 SP1 CR1 upgrade the acstat.exe to the r8 SP1 CR2 version by the following method:
- Go into the \Program Files\CA\eTrust Audit\bin directory, find the original acstat.exe and rename it to acstat.exe.old.
- Open the r8 SP1 CR2 acstat.zip file from the link within this document.
- Extract the acstat.exe file from the .zip file into the bin directory.
- You then use the instructions to run ACSTAT as given above.