These are the steps involved in running the Subset Oracle scripts remotely:
1. Create an Oracle directory ON the database server, reference that directory name as a parameter to the scripts (2nd parameter to the xxx_exportdp.bat script).
- The directory HAS to be a local directory to the DB server. You cannot run remotely and specify a directory on the machine you are running from.
2. If you use masking functions through transformation maps, you need to make sure that the DB server where you are exporting data from has the SCRAMBLE schema and associated data installed, along with the required synonyms.
- You will find this DB and the related scripts in the "Repository installation kit" available for download on the CA Support site (part of CA Test Data Manager downloads).
- The DB you are importing the masked data to, does not need to have the SCRAMBLE DB installed.
3. After following the above steps and running the export scripts, the output dump files will be created on the Oracle DB server in the directory created in step one. The files will NOT be created on the remote server where the export script was run.