How to rollback hub 7.x to 5.82
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Unified Infrastructure Management
UIM - HUB:UIMHUB
1. If needed, identify and make a list of the hub/relay-tunnels that need to be downgraded.
2. Make sure there are no backlogged queues and temporarily disable probes if needed to cut down or eliminate messages hitting the queues.
3. Select the hub probe and press Ctrl-P to open the Probe utility
4. Select the hub?s log_level callback and enter value of 0 if it?s not set to 0 already. This will allow easier log viewing. The rollback entries will be visible at level 0.
5. Run the prep_rollback callback by choosing it from the drop down and clicking on the green arrow "Play" button. You will know this is completed by looking for "Command Status: OK" at the bottom of the Probe utility window.
Tip: It is a good idea to have the hub log window open at the same time. This allows you to watch the hub log to confirm that the rollback was completed. Tip: Use F4 key to highlight the string: "rollback" so it shows up in red, and you can always search for it using Ctrl-F if there are a lot of log entries.
Mar 11 12:26:56:623  hub: Preparing for rollback, do not stop or restart probe until preparation completes!
Mar 11 12:26:56:623  hub: Rollback preparation ongoing, 3 queues remaining
Mar 11 12:26:57:340  hub: readpds: invalid who=1768778094 - failed
Mar 11 12:26:57:340  hub: Rollback preparation for 'NMS-Server' complete
Mar 11 12:26:57:496  hub: Rollback preparation for 'probeDiscovery' complete
Mar 11 12:26:57:627 
hub: Rollback preparation complete, it is now safe to install previous version
Note that if you run the prep_rollback callback and the log doesn?t update at all you may have already run it to completion.
5. If necessary, download hub version 5.82 into the local archive.
6. From the local archive use Tools->Distribute to distribute the hub v5.82 to the appropriate nodes or drag and drop the hub probe version 5.82 to the hub/relay-tunnels that need to be downgraded.
7. In the distribution window you may see: "Finished with unknown status" so to confirm the downgrade was complete, use Tools->Find, and select ?Hubs, and click Ok then sort on the Version column to check and confirm the hubs were downgraded to 5.82.
8. Note that depending on a number of factors such as queued messages, connectivity, network bandwidth, download speed, etc., this process may take some time to complete. As an example, it took approx. 1 hour to successfully complete just running the prep_rollback and confirming it completed, for a total of 8 NoD relays.
9. After all of the remote hubs are done being downgraded, run through the same process on the NMS-Server/Primary hub to downgraded it to 5.82.
10. Clear and then recheck ?hub/tunnel alarms, connectivity, and queues when completed.
Was this information helpful?