Many times customer contacts do not have access to the APM agents and want assistance resolving the integration setup for an APM Problem Resolution Triage issue.
Eventually you may need an agent log in DEBUG mode, the Introscope Agent profile, and the appropriate pbl/pbd to see if the ServletHeaderDecorator.pbd line is uncommented.
Until then, do the steps below to check if the agent is configured correctly without having agent access.
This includes looking at the following in the APM CE (CEM) MOM GUI:
- If the appropriate monitored transactions with slow time defects are showing the x-wily-info headers.
- If the Introscope View for defects shows the Introscope fields populated.
- If the Smart Charts in an Incident Overview Tab (such as Application Server) are populated.
If the above appears, it is not likely to be an agent configuration issue.
Next steps are usually the following:
- Lowering the percent of slow time value in the Introscope settings as well as the Slow Time threshold for the business transaction. This should be done with care in a production environment.
- Checking the Agent configuration settings and placing the Agent log in debug.
- See if it is something that cannot be traced such as HTTP Request body, HTTP responses, and XML.