How to restore the TMC when running CA Tape Encryption and the TMCOPY BACKUP tape is encrypted.
If you have encrypted the backup of the TMC and the IEBGENER backup of the audit then you will need to follow these steps to do the restore the TMC.
- Run TMSFORMT/TMSBLDVR to format a dummy TMC large enough to hold the production TMC and TMSFORMT to allocate and format an AUDIT file.
- Have CA 1 and CA Tape Encryption fully active.
- Copy the TMC backup to DASD using IEBGENER (use EXPDT=98000 since the volume will be defined in the TMC, but without DSN information).
- If the AUDIT file was also copied to the tape, restore that file as well using IEBGENER (use EXPDT=98000 since the volume will be defined in the TMC, but without DSN information).
- Shutdown CA 1. Run TMSINIT and reply to the IEFTMS0 with the master password.
- Do a TMSCOPY RESTORE using the DASD backup copy. If you did not download the Audit file, then this would be a TMSCOPY,PARM=(RESTORE,NOAUDIT) otherwise, it would be TMSCOPY,PARM=RESTORE
- If the AUDIT was restored to DASD in step 4, delete the temporary AUDIT file (created in step 1) and rename the restored AUDIT file to the production name.
- Re-activate CA 1.