It is noted that options within Service Desk Manager (SDM) Options Manager remain in a status of "In Progress", rather than completing successfully and having a status of either "Installed" or "Not Installed". Further, once in 'In progress" there is no way to complete the required action.
This situation can arise for example, if an attempt is made to install an option from a Secondary Server rather than using the Primary Server.
SDM 12.9 / SDM 14.1
The following steps will resolve the problem by setting the relevant options to "Not Installed":
- Stop the Service Desk service
- Take a backup of the MDB database
- With a database management/client utility, edit the 'options' table in the database:
- For any row that has a value of "In Progress" in the 'action_status' column, set it to "Not Installed"
- On the same row, make sure the 'action' column has a value of 0
Once the above steps have been completed, restart Service Desk, after which it will be possible to install the options.
Refer to this TEC589533 to make sure that the installation is done correctly to prevent such an issue to surface up again.