Follow these steps to resolve the 'Failed to decrypt private key from iAuth.conf' when setting up EEM in a failover environment.
- Navigate to the /etc/hosts file in your environment.
- Open the file for editing.
- Locate the line with the IP address of the server.
- Edit the line and place the hostname before the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name)
192.168.0.1 prodeem prodeem.companyname.com
- Save the /etc/hosts file.
- Proceed with steps to enable EEM failover.
The reason for this change is as follows:
We store the public and the private key pair in iAuthority.conf. Since the private key is confidential it is stored in a munged format. The seed formunging is the hostname not the FQDN name.