The CA JCLCheck RESOLVE option allows for external variables that are imbedded in the JCL for a scheduling product to be resolved before the JCL is validated. The following scheduling products are supported:
CA Workload Automation SE (CA 7 Edition)
CA Workload Automation ESP
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS)
The CA JCLCheck RESOLVE option may be used from the following:
1. From an ISPF Edit session when EJCK is executed.
2. From the JCLCheck ISPF panel interface (JCKSPF).
3. From a JCLCheck batch job.
This article explains how to use the CA JCLCheck RESOLVE option when invoking JCLCheck in batch mode.
Without the CA JCLCheck RESOLVE option, external variables won't be resolved, and will result in errors when the JCL is validated by JCLCheck.
CA JCLCheck release 12.0
CA WA ESP release 11.4 and release 12.0
- Configure CA JCLCheck to Resolve External Variables:
- Specify CA WA ESP Edition Parameters
- RESOLVE processing option: