1. Log into the SRM system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. If on Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. cd to the $SPECROOT/mysql/bin directory
4. Run the following command to start a mysql session:
./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -proot reporting
5. At the mysql prompt, enter the following command:
select aes_decrypt(BOPassword, 'spectrum') from registry;
6. If the above select command results in a value of "NULL", you do not have a password set so leave it blank when logging into Report Manager.