We are using the CA Workload Automation DE Desktop Client 12.0.02 version. We have lost the ADMIN user password. We want to reset the password to the default.
WA DE 12.0 SP2 on Linux + PostgreSQL database
1. Login to your WA DE Server as postgres “OS User” in order to have the appropriate password
2. Otherwise login as “root” and run “su - postgres”
3. export PGDATA=/ap01/CAWA/WorkloadAutomation_R12/PostgreSQL/data
4. cd /ap01/CAWA/WorkloadAutomation_R12/PostgreSQL/bin
5. ./psql -Upostgres -d dseries
6. Will prompt for password. Enter the password you have defined for the database user
7. Run the below SQL command to reset the password for "ADMIN" user to "admin":
UPDATE ESP_USER set PASSWORD='591DBE5CF24FD68B45E4D38B76FE0140' WHERE DISPLAY_ID='ADMIN'
8. Restart the DE server by:
9. Connect to Desktop Client as "ADMIN" with password "admin".
Problem resolved by applying the above solution.