Cannot clean up a server completely after uninstalling CA Service Desk Manager. Un-installation and clean-up in server registry and removing data from al_cdb_config tables still see a message that indicates that Search Server is already installed.
CA Service Management 17.0
Upgrade to 17.1
OS is Windows Server 2012R2
Search server was not uninstalled in the right way for complete cleanup
Follow the below steps to resolve the issue
1. Enable the Folder settings to view hidden files if not already done
2. Find folder "zero G Registry" under C:\Program Files
3. Take a backup of this folder
4. Delete the folder
5. Run DBCleanupUtility once again
6. Re-run the installation process to see if its resolved.
Note: DBCleanupUtility will not uninstall Search server if you plan to clean up the environment. However, you may want to uninstall the application (Search Server) from Control panel.