In order to perform a FULL reset of discovery (which will work in discovery_server 8.0 or earlier), perform the following steps:
1. Deactivate discovery_server
2. Run the following query for the NimsoftSLM backend database using the SLM portlet or MS SQL Server Management Studio utility
DELETE FROM CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM;
3. On the primary hub, Deactivate the udm_manager probe.
4. Run the following query
DROP TABLE DATOMIC_KVS;
5. Activate udm_manager
6. Activate discovery_server
Only if you have installed discovery_server 8.12 or later, you may delete individual systems from discovery, or groups of systems, as follows:
1. using an SQL query, obtain the "cs_key" value from the CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM table for the system or systems you wish to remove from discovery;
2. in Admin Console or Infrastructure Manager, highlight the discovery_server probe and bring up the Probe Utility (from the menu in Admin Console or press CTRL+P in IM.)
3. choose the callback "remove_master_devices_by_cs_key"
4. you may supply a single cs_key, or a comma-separated list of cs_keys as a parameter to this callback.
4a. If you are using discovery_server 8.51 you can answer YES to prevent the system from being redicovered in the second paramter. This will add the entry to the exclude_devices.csv in the discovery_server directory
5. Click the green "Play" button and the systems associated with the given cs_key(s) will be deleted from CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM, and their related records in CM_DEVICE and the related UDM information in DATOMIC_KVS will also be cleaned automatically.
UIM 8.51 and newer:
1) go to USM, inventory section
2) put a check in the system you want to delete
3) open the action menu and select "Delete Selected"
4) take the check out of Prevent rediscovery if you want to add the device back, take the check out of Delete measurements if you want to save the QOS data for the device and take the check out of Acknowledge alarms if you want to clear the alarms.
5) press OK and the devices selected will be deleted and ready for rediscovery.