This document describes how to modify existing SCCM imports in CA Software Asset Manager, to pull data from a different database.
For example, you might want to pull data from a PRODUCTION environment into a TEST environment to test with real
1. In CA Software Asset Manager (SAM), navigate to Exchange -> Import Monitoring -> Import Status to check if there are any active imports running.
Wait until all the scheduled or ad hoc SCCM imports have completed and you see the 'No import in progress.' message
2. Navigate to Admin -> Browse Configuration and filter for code = db_connect_param_set_sccm.
This should return a set of db_connect_param data source lines, similar to the ones below:
3. Change the values above for the _host, _user, _database and _password rows to reflect your new database connection.
4. Verify that the _user value is a valid SQL Server user, by launching SQL Server Management studio and testing the login for this user.
5. Schedule or re-run your import jobs.