The listed step can be performed by an administrator using JMX console exposed for administrative managements.
Steps to remove hung release(s)
1. Navigate to JMX console expose by default on port 20203 (it can be different port in your environment). The URL to access same will be
o http://<Management Server IP>:<JMXPORT>/mbean?objectname=releasecenter%3Atype%3DInfo
2. It will prompt for login, please login using the administrative username and password configured in your environment
Default JMX username/password – nolio/nolio
Note: If you are unable to get to the link, login to the JMX Console and search for 'releasecenter:type=info'. Locate the link and click on it.
3. Post successful login find the method getAllActiveReleases and invoke it to get the list of releases and the release ID
4. You can identify the release by the release details.
5. Enter the releaseId of the release, and invoke the removeRelease method which will remove the relevant release from the system
Note: In order to remove multiple releases you need to follow step 5 for each unique release id.