This article explains how to remove External Database connection information from the NSA as there is not a way to remove them from the User Interface.
Here are the steps you will need to perform:
- Navigate to the X:\Clarity_home\config folder and copy the properties.xml file to a remote location that can be retrieved if needed.
- Open the file with your favorite XML Notepad. (Notepad++, Textpad or XML Notepad) Please do not use the Notepad included with Windows as it doesn't format XML properly.
- Search the properties.xml file for the ID that you used in the external connection.
- Highlight the entire node for the external connection. It. It should similar to the example provided below:
<database id="Crazy_test" useURL="false" jndiDatabaseId="jdbc/CRazy_testDS" vendor="mssql" serviceName="niku" serviceId="seed1206" instanceName="" driver="com.ca.clarity.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver" url="jdbc:clarity:sqlserver://CLAR1206:1433;DatabaseName=seed1206;InsensitiveResultSetBufferSize=0;ProgramName=Clarity" username="niku" schemaName="niku" maximumConnections="10"/>
- Delete the node and save the file.
- From the command line execute the following command: "nikuadmin general upload-config"
Executing the command in step six will synch the properties.xml file with the information stored in the database.