To remove a mib from the MIB Tools database:
1. Log into Spectrum OneClick as a user that has privilege in MIB Tools to add and delete mibs
2. Launch MIB Tools by selecting Tools -> Utilities -> MIB Tools from the top level menu
3. In the Navigation panel, find and select the mib to be removed
4. Click on the Delete icon
NOTE: You cannot delete a mib if it is an out of the box mib or if the mib you imported updates an out of the box mib. You can only delete mibs you import that are new to the MIB Tools database.
To remove a mib from the Spectrum database that was mapped from a mib imported using MIB Tools:
1. Log into the SpectroSERVER system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. If on Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. cd to the $SPECROOT/vnmsh directory
4. Enter the following command to start a Command Line Interface (CLI) session:
5. Enter the following command to find the model type handle of the model type created when the file was compiled in MIB Tools and mapped to the SpectroSERVER database. In the following example, the model type created was the VELOCITY-MIB seen in the screen shot above:
$ ./show types | grep VELOCITY-MIB
6. In the above output, the first column of data is the model type handle. In this example, the model type handle is 0xfff00001
7. cd to the $SPECROOT/SS directory
8. Create a file in the $SPECROOT/SS directory. The file name can be any file name (no spaces). The contents will be the model type handle to be removed from the Spectrum database
9. Shutdown the SpectroSERVER process
10. Run the following command from the $SPECROOT/SS directory where <FILE> is the name of the file created in step 8 above
11. The following is an example of the command and the output:
$ ../SS-Tools/db_remove MTH_File.txt
Loading the database. Please be patient...
Processing the model type handle : 0xfff00001
Processing the model type handle :
Successfully made changes permanent.
12. Start the SpectroSERVER process
13. Repeat steps 3-5 above to ensure the model type has been removed