- This article will demonstrate how to remove a CA Distribution Server from a VAIM Domain Server. This is useful in the event the Distribution Server has been retired, or you would like to assign it to a different CA Domain Server.
- For the purpose of this article Distribution Server flabr02-u161719 is remove from Domain Server flabr02-ond1114.
1. Stop CA SM Domain Server Service.
2. Edit clients.dat, located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CA\SM\domainserver\data (Windows Server 2003)
C:\ProgramData\CA\SM\domainserver\data (Windows Server 2008\2012)
3. Find the entry for the distribution server to be removed (each line starts with the host name) and delete the entire line.
4. Save clients.dat.
5. Start CA SM Domain Server.
6. Before Deletion (Administration > Configuration > Deployment & Configuration):
7. After Deletion (Administration > Configuration > Deployment & Configuration):
How to add a distribution server to an existing Virtual Assurance Domain