The CABI File Repository Servers(FRS) are responsible for listing files on the server, adding files to the CABI repository and removing files from the CABI repository. FRS also responsible for the creation of file system objects such as exported reports and imported files.
The default FRS location in CABI installation is 'SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\FileStore'.
The two main directories under this location are Input and Output.
The Input FRS manages all of the report objects and program objects that have been published to the repository. It can store .RPT, .CAR, .EXE, .BAT, .JS, .XLS, .DOC, .PPT, .RTF, .TXT, .PDF, and .WID files. In the case of .RPT files, they are stored as report definition files only which do not contain any data.
The Output FRS manages all of the report instances (saved data copy of the report) generated by the Report Job Server or the Web Intelligence Report Server and the program instances generated by the Program Job Server. It also manages instances generated by the Web Intelligence Report Server and the LOV Job Server. It can store the following files: .RPT, .CSV, .XLS, .DOC, .RTF, .TXT, .PDF, and .WID. For .RPT and .WID files are stored as reports/documents with saved data.
Depending on the number of reports created, executed and scheduled, the FRS directory can become quite large and consume a large amount of disk space.
One solution is to move the FRS location to another location (drive or network share) where there is more disk space available.
Here are the steps to move the CABI FRS directories:
- On the CABI server, stop SIA via the Central Configuration Manager (CCM)
- Copy the current FileStore folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\FileStore) to the new location
- If you are moving the FileStore directory to a network share, then SIA needs to run with an account that has access to the network share (if the new location is a local drive to the CABI Server, this step can be omitted).
In the CCM with SIA stopped, right-click on SIA and select PROPERTIES. In the Log On As section, use an account that has read/write privileges (Domain account or a Windows account) to the network folder where the FRS directory is being moved to.
- Restart SIA from the CCM
- Login to the Central Management Console (CMC) as an Administrator. Click on SERVERS, locate the InputFileRepository server and right-click and select PROPERTIES. Change the Temporary Directory to the new location (i.e. //share/FileStore/Input/temp) and File Store Directory to the new location (i.e. //share/FileStore/Input)
- Right-click on the InputFileRepository server and select RESTART SERVER.
- Do the same for the OutputFileRepository server: Temporary Directory to //share/FileStore/Output/temp and File Store Directory to //share/FileStore/Output
- Right-click on the OutputFileRepository server and select RESTART SERVER.