How can we redirect end users from the IIS home page to the Service Desk Manager home page?
1. From the SDM server, go to C:/inetpub/wwwroot and locate iisstart.htm. This file is what loads up the Default IIS page.
2. Make a back up of this file, as we will be changing some values here.
3. Open up the original file, and locate the following line:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
4. You can comment out this line, or remove it and replace it with the following:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=http://YourSDMurl/CAisd/pdmweb.exe" />
5. Save this file.
6. Restart IIS
7. Wait a couple of minutes and then try accessing the IIS Default homepage, and it should redirect you to http://YourSDMurl/CAisd/pdmweb.exe