How to re-create a Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) in CA Business Intelligence (CABI) 4.x based on an existing SIA entry.
Review the following steps before performing them to be sure that you have all the information that is required, such as for step #15 and step #17.
- On the CABI server, launch the Central Configuration Manager (CCM).
- In the CCM window, right-click on the Server Intelligence Agent entry and select Stop. Click the Refresh button back on the CCM Window and wait until the SIA shows up with Stopped status.
- In the CCM window, right-click on the Server Intelligence Agent entry that is to be re-created, and select Properties.
- Click on the Configuration tab.
- Under Server Intelligence Agent Command Line Options, Port Number, make a note of the value. This is the SIA port number.
- Under CMS System Database Configuration, make a note of the <node_name> and <port_number> in the message: "CMS belongs to cluster "<node_name>:<port_number>". These are the CMS node name and the CMS port number.
- Under CMS Cluster Key Configuration, either copy, or make a note of, the value.
- Click on the Properties tab. Make a note of the node name in the Display Name - it is enclosed by parenthesis.
- Click Cancel on the Properties window.
- Stop the SIA. For example, right click on the Server Intelligence Agent entry and select Stop.
- Click on Add Node.
- Click Next. For the Node Name, enter the node name from step #8. For SIA Port, enter the SIA port number from step #5.
- Select Recreate node and click Next.
- Select Start a new temporary CMS and click Next.
- Enter the port number for the existing CMS as the New CMS Port.
- Click on Specify under the CMS System Database Data Source Name. In the Select Database Driver popup, select the appropriate driver.
- Enter the Cluster Key from Step #8 when it is requested (unless you have a different cluster key to provide) and then click Next.
- Provide the CMS Logon parameters and click Next.
- Click Finish to start the re-creation of the SIA.