How to reconfigure CA Business Intelligence (CABI) to use the new single node Oracle DB server for the Central Management Server (CMS) database
SDM 12.7, 12.9
- Backup existing CABI CMS database from Oracle RAC environment
- Restore CABI CMS database to new single node Oracle DB server. Ensure that the users and permissions are restored as well.
- On CABI server, ensure that the proper ODBC connection(s) are created to communicate successfully via ODBC and TNS Name.
- On the CABI server, launch the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) and stop the SIA process
- Click on the 'Specify New Data Source' icon on the menu bar
- Select 'Update Data Source Settings' and click OK
- Select ORACLE NATIVE DRIVER and click OK
- Enter proper connection details for new Oracle DB server
- Restart the SIA process via the CCM
- Wait a few minutes to allow for all the CABI processes to fully initiate
- Test accessing CABI Central Management Console and running CABI reports via Infoview.