Steps to download an "Unconfirmed PTF", which has been authorized by CA IDMS Support, and then apply it using CA MSM.
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to create back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur. For more information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, please review the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
Please Note: For instructions on downloading an "unconfirmed" CA IDMS ptf from MyCA, please see Document ID: TEC55629.
Download the PTF from CA Support Online and Upload it to a mainframe dataset (RECFM=FB,LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=312
- Login to https://support.ca.com
- Select "View Cases", enter the Case#: and click GO.
- Page down and click on the Case link:
- Click on the "SUMMARY" tab and then under "Related Solutions" click on the "unconfirmed PTF" that is attached to the issue.
- Scroll down and click on the "DOWNLOAD" link and proceed with your desired "download method" to copy the file to the desired target destination.
- Upload the .bin file to a mainframe dataset (BLKSIZE=3120,RECFM=FB,LRECL=80)
Apply the "unconfirmed" PTF using CA MSM:
- Login to CA MSM
- Select Product: IDMS, Release: 18.0, ACTION: Update Catalog Release:
- When that is complete, click on "ADD EXTERNAL MAINTENANCE", choose the option for "DATASET" and specify the name of the mainframe dataset containing the "unconfirmed" PTF .bin file that was downloaded to the mainframe in STEP 1.
- Once that completes, click on the "SMPE/ENVIRONMENT" Tab and select the "CA IDMS 18.0 CSI".
- Scroll down until you find the "unconfirmed" PTF number and click on the "check box" to select it.
- Next select "ACTION" and then "INSTALL".
- Click NEXT
- Click NEXT to begin installing the PTF: