This document will explain how to:
- Fill out a Customer Care Request form so that our CA licensing team can create a license key for you.
- Apply your online license activation key through the CodeMeter License Central WebDepot in your browser.
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)- Agile Designer. Release versions 2.0-2.6.
- If you have previously installed licenses, you can continue to the next section of instructions.
- You will need to make sure your license containers are imported into CodeMeter before following the process below.
- If you are using an older browser version, you might be asked to update your Java Runtime Environment, or JRE. Generally with the newer browser versions this will not be a requirement.
Create a license request case:
- Go to and login to CA Support Online: https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome
- In the top, left-hand corner of the screen, click the 'Menu' bar, which is an icon with three horizontal lines.
- Click on the 'Licensing' option.
- On the CA Licensing page, scroll to the very bottom and click on the 'Customer Care Request Form' link.
- Here you will be taken to the 'Customer Care Request Form': https://catech.force.com/customer/CustomerCareForm
- Fill out the following 'Account Information':
- Please indicate your relationship with CA: (CA Customer, CA Employee, Other)
- CA SiteID: If you do not know this, please call 1-800-225-5224 or contact CA Support at http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html
- Request Type: CA Licensing
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Company Name:
- Company Address:
- Postal/Zip Code:
- Telephone Number:
- Corporate Email Address:
- Fill out the following 'Details' information:
- Type of License: General Licensing for All Other Products
- Your Question: Require online license for CA Agile Requirements Designer. (If you need a trial version or a VM specific license, you can add this information here)
- Product Name: CA Agile Requirements Designer (Agile Designer)
- Release: 2.5 (or whichever version you are currently using)
- Type of Licensing: All Other Keys
- Do you have any files to attach to this case?: No.
- Please check and follow the instructions below: Check box for 'I'm not a robot'.
- Click the 'Submit' button.
- You will get a message saying "Thank you for your submission. You will receive an email with case number 'xxxxxxxx'. The CA Customer Care team will be in touch shortly." Take note of this case number.
- Click the 'Close' button once done. A member of our customer care (licensing) team will create the offline license key you require and email you within 24 hours.
- Once you have the onlinelicense key, follow the next set of instructions.
Apply the online license through CodeMeter in your browser:
- You should have received either a URL or a 25 character key from the licensing team.
- Once you have clicked on the link or entered the key, you will see an 'Available Licenses' screen. Verify that a container has been chosen under the 'Select CmContainer' drop down. It should be chosen automatically and you can leave the default selection.
- Click on the 'Activate Selected Licenses Now' button. You should see several messages about the license being transferred and activated. When finished, you will see a license listed under 'My Licenses' in the browser.
- You can further verify that the license was imported by going to CodeMeter Control Center. You will see the 'AgileDesigner' license in the 'License' tab with a 'License activated' status message.
- To verify your license was successfully activated, launch Agile Designer. If you are able to open and use Agile Designer, your license key has been applied successfully.