This document will explain how to:
- Find the license expiration date for Datamaker.
- Fill out a Customer Care Request form so that our CA licensing team can create a license key for you.
- Apply the license for CA Test Data Manager (TDM)-Datamaker.
CA Test Data Manager (TDM)- Datamaker. Release versions 3.2.1 and above.
View the license information in Datamaker:
- Within Datamaker, click on the 'Settings' tab.
- Choose 'Enter Activation Key' from the drop down.
- The date will show next to 'Activated: License expiring xxxx-xx-xx'
- If your license is expired or is about to expire, follow the next set of instructions below.
Create a license request case:
- Go to and login to CA Support Online: https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome
- In the top, left-hand corner of the screen, click the 'Menu' bar, which is an icon with three horizontal lines.
- Click on the 'Licensing' option.
- On the CA Licensing page, scroll to the very bottom and click on the 'Customer Care Request Form' link.
- Fill out the following 'Account Information':
- Please indicate your relationship with CA: (CA Customer, CA Employee, Other)
- CA SiteID: If you do not know this, please call 1-800-225-5224 or contact CA Support at http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html
- Request Type: CA Licensing
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Company Name:
- Company Address:
- Postal/Zip Code:
- Telephone Number:
- Corporate Email Address:
- Fill out the following 'Details' information:
- Problem Description: Require license for CA Test Data Manager. (If you need a trial version or a specific license, you can add this information here)
- Product Name: CA Test Data Manager
- Release: 4.2 (or whichever version you are currently using)
- Type of Licensing: All Other Keys
- Do you want to add an attachment: No.
- Please check and follow the instructions below: Check box for 'I'm not a robot'.
- Click the 'Submit' button.
- You will get a message saying "Thank you for your submission. You will receive an email with case number 'xxxxxxxx'. The CA Customer Care team will be in touch shortly." Take note of this case number.
- A member of our customer care (licensing) team will create the offline license key you require and email you within 24 hours.
- Once you have the license key, follow the next set of instructions.
Apply the license:
- Launch Datamaker.
- In cases where the license has already expired, Datamaker will prompt for a new license key when you launch the software.
- If this is the case, skip to step 6.
- Sign in and connect to the repository.
- Connect to the desired target and source profiles.
- Click on the 'Settings' tab at the top of the toolbar.
- Choose 'Enter License Key' from the drop down menu.
- The license pane will appear. Paste the license given by the customer care team into the text box.
- Click the 'Save' button.
- You will need to restart Datamaker for the license to take effect.