When a system is virtualised some unexpected behaviour is noticed such as
- causing an RAC job to be initiated
- Scalability server components become unregistered
- Manager become inoperable.
- Any version of CA IT client Manager or CA Client Automation.
- Any OS
When a system is virtualised the Hardware change causes the HostUUID to be recalculated
Follow the guidelines below and there should not be any issues with virtualising the systems
- Managers cannot change their name, not even the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). If the name is changed the Managers will suffer multiple issues. Changing the Name of a Manager System is not supported
- If a Manager or Scalability server changes it's IP then this must resolve correctly in DNS
- prevent the HostUUID from changing by locking it.
and add the STRING
- Unix \ Linux
- Create a new file named
"calockuuid" in the folder
- Test the entire process in a sandbox environment before attempting this on a production system.
- Ensure you have a full Backup as per the Client automation Backup and restore green books