When integrated with Spectrum through the spectrumgtw probe, UIM discovery resets will adversely affect this integration. Need a procedure to reset the UIM discovery and Spectrum integration.
What is the process to follow when a UIM discovery reset is called for, but UIM is integrated with Spectrum through the spectrumgtw probe?
- From Spectrum OneClick, disable the UIM integration.
- Remove all UIM alarms and synchronized devices from Spectrum
- Disable the spectrumgtw probe in UIM
- Restarted Spectrum OneClick to start with a clean slate.
- Reset the discovery in UIM
See the following Knowledge Document for this procedure and follow the instructions in the Remove Master Devices link found under the Additional Information section:
KB000014901 : Does UIM Delete devices in Spectrum ?
- Wait for the inventory to reappear in UIM
- Start the spectrumgtw probe
- Enable the UIM integration in Spectrum OneClick again