WinOffline is a utility designed to simplify Client Automation patching and automate common maintenance procedures. It's a multi-purpose application with two operating modes:
Interactive mode (double-clicking and running WinOffline.exe) allows you to run WinOffline locally on any endpoint with Client Automation installed. The user interface enables you to review Client Automation patch history, apply new patches, remove installed patches, or run any of the built-in maintenance procedures.
Software Delivery mode enables you to deliver WinOffline silently, without interrupting the end-user, using Software Delivery. WinOffline automatically detects it's running under Software Delivery, silently stops Client Automation services, carries out the specified maintenance, restarts Client Automation services, and reports back informative results to Software Delivery's job output.
This document describes an optional maintenance built-in to WinOffline, to cleanup software delivery files present on the target system(s):
- Cleanup the Deliveries folder:
- Cleanup the agent activate folder:
- Cleanup the server activate folder:
- Cleanup the DTS agent folder, including the index file:
Note: You can use WinOffline without applying or removing any patches, in order to run maintenance on these directories.
How do you configure WinOffline to run the built-in software delivery cleanup procedures?
CA Client Automation - All Versions
While WinOffline may expand upon the software delivery file cleanup in the future, here's where to find these options using the 2016.07.12 version, using the interactive mode:
1. To run it you Double-Click on WinOffline or Right_click and Run as Administrator.
2. You will see the following screen, select 'Next' even if you do not intend to apply any patches.
3. You can individually choose specific cleanups to perform, or select the option to perform all applicable software delivery cleanups. It does not matter if the target system is only an agent, or if it's a scalability server with DTS installed-- WinOffline will skip performing a particular cleanup if it ends up not being applicable.
If you're using WinOffline with software delivery, these options can be enabled by setting the following command line switches:
Perform all built-in software delivery cleanup procedures. See itemized options below...
Cleans up the server deliveries folder: ..\CA\DSM\SD\ASM\D
Cleanup the server activate folder: ..\CA\DSM\SD\ASM\LIBRARY\activate
Special Note: As Client Automation uses NTFS junction points to link items in activate, with packages staged in the software library, WinOffline first removes the NTFS junction points from the filesystem, before cleaning up any items within activate. Otherwise, without removing the NTFS junction, any deletions from activate, will fire a corresponding delete in the staging library.
Cleanup the agent activate folder: ..\CA\DSM\SD\TMP\activate
Cleanup the DTS agent folders, and refreshes the DTS transfer index file:
The interactive mode of WinOffline contains detailed help and information regarding available features, usage and available command line switches. From the main screen of the interactive mode, select the option, "Help and Command Line Switches".