Throughout this document, we will refer to the original USS server as "Node 1", and the new server that will host USS as "Node 2"
Follow these steps:
- Stop the Unified Self-Service services on node 1.
- Create backup of node 1:
Backup is created in Unified Self-Service_installation\CAOpenSpaceBackup.car file of the Unified Self-Service installation directory.
- (Windows) Run TakeBackup.bat from the bin folder of the Unified Self-Service installation directory.
- (Linux) Run TakeBackup.sh
- On node 2, install the similar configuration Unified Self-Service as set up in node 1:
- Select Use existing database option.
- Ensure that you use the same database host name as used during the Unified Self-Service node1 setup.
- Select node1 backup CAOpenSpaceBackup.car. Note: Ensure user has all the privileges according to the basic installation.
- Complete the installation
Finally, ensure that Node 2 has the same USS patches installed as Node 1. You may now start USS on Node 2, but you do not need to start it on Node 1. Node 2 will now run independently of Node 1.