How to move from one CABI server to another server, but preserve existing CABI data?
ON THE SOURCE CABI SERVER:
- Take a backup/snapshot of the SOURCE CABI Server
- From the Central Configuration Manager (CCM), stop the SIA
- Take a full backup of the CMS database.
- Take a copy of the entire FileStore Input and Output folders (by default, under CABI Server installation folder)
ON THE DESTINATION CABI SERVER:
Restore the backups from the SOURCE CABI SERVER to the DESTINATION CABI SERVER by following below steps
- From the CCM, stop the SIA
- Rename the existing FileStore folder (e.g.: FileStore_Old)
- Copy the FileStore backup taken in step #4
- Restore the CMS database.
- Remove references to the original server as follows- open C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file in Notepad and place a "dummy" IP address against the Source box (i.e. 126.96.36.199 SOURCE_Server_Name)
- From the CCM, select "Add Server Intelligent Agent"
- When details are requested, use the name and port number of the existing Test SIA (SIA port number is 6410 by default). Make sure to select "Create default servers on the new node" and "Recreate Server Intelligence Agent on the local host, if it already exists in the CMS system database"
- Assign a port to the CMS (by default 6400) and select the restored CMS database from step #8. Enabling Auditing is optional at this stage and can be configured later
- DO NOT START THE SIA YET
- . When the SIA is created, go to SIA > Properties > Configuration and modify the ClusterName of the restored environment to be different from the production environment.
- Start the SIA
- Login to Central Management Console --> Servers -> Nodes --> Source_Server_Name
- Highlight all the Stopped Servers there, right click and Delete
- Copy odbc.prm file from SOURCE CABI SERVER
- Restart SIA
ENSURING Universe has correct connection:
- Follow doc TEC595754. This is needed incase the Data Source for CA SDM does not exist on the new CABI Server.