How do you move a Domain Manager from one Enterprise Manager(EM) to another ?
CA Client Automation - All versions
Must have a EM/DM Environment
The only way to move a Domain Manager from one Enterprise to another is to unlink from the Existing EM and then re-link to the new one.
To Remove the Domain from an existing Enterprise
- Expand the Domains tree on the old Enterprise Server Control Panel.
- Right-Click the domain you wish to move and select 'Remove from Enterprise'.
- Ensure your replication job is not running and then click OK.
To Add the Domain to the new Enterprise
- Expand the Domains tree on the new Enterprise Server control Panel.
- Right-Click All Domains and select 'New Domain'.
- Follow the Wizard to add the new domain to this Enterprise.
When you unlink, it has to clear out all the information from the Enterprise for that DM, so it might take a long time.
When you re-link the Domain to the new Enterprise it will have to replicate all the data from the Diam, so it might take days,
depending on the size of your environment.