Any ‘out of the box’ Activity Notification has associated at least a Notification Rule and each Notification Rule has a specific Message Template.
The Message Template contains information and details used to build the message sent out with the notification.
Steps to open the ‘out of the box’ Message Template:
1. Connect to Service Desk with Administration user
2. Select Administration tab
3. Click on Notification
4.a. If the name of the ‘Message Template’ used by the notification is known, click on ‘Message Template’
4.a.1. In the Message Template List, on the right, select and click on the appropriate message template
4.a.2. Go to step 10.
4.b. If the name of the ‘Message Template’ used by the notification is NOT known, click on ‘Activity Notification’
4.b.1. Go to step 5.
5. In the Activity Notification List, on the right, select and click on any notification; for test purposes consider the ‘Initial’ Activity Notification (it is the notification sent out when the ticket is created)
6. In the Detail page of the ‘Initial’ Activity Notification, select the appropriate Object Type on the base of the type of ticket involved
7. Select then the tab 1. Notification Rules
8. Select the rule in the list ('Default Initial Notification Rule for..')
9. In the detail page click on 'Default initial message template for..' in the Message Template field; this is the message that is sent out with the notification.
10. Click on Edit; the Message Template can be edited and the fields: ‘Notification Message Title’, ‘Notification Message Body’ can be modified as needed.
As the email notifications, apart from Manual Notify, are sent out in html format, there is also the possibility to modify the html message by clicking on the button ‘Edit HTML Message’.
Note: the field ‘Auto Notification’ is also present in the detail page of the Message Template: it has to be flagged (set to ‘Yes’) if there is the need to have the notification sent out automatically.