QUESTION: We are trying to add a new mail template to CA Spectrum for all of our uses to see and use, without the ability to make changes to that particular template. Is this a possible request? If so where can we find the information to make the change so it shows for all users when assigning Alerts?
ANSWER: The "Email Templates" section in the "Operator Guide" explains how to create and modify Email Templates. To lock them so a user is forced to use a template and not be able to change it, do the following:
1. Log into the OneClick console as an ADMIN user that has privileges to the Users tab
2. Click on the Users tab
3. Select the Group or User you wish to lock the Email Template
4. Right mouse click on the Group or User and select Set Preferences from the menu
5. Expand the Alarms Tab folder
6. Select Email Templates
7. Select the Template to use. You can also create new and modify templates from here
8. Check the check box in the Locked column for Email Templates
9. You can also create, edit and lock the Email Subject Templates here as well
9. Click the Apply button.
10. Have the users log out and then back in