Step 1: Create a new Schema Mapping
As it is not possible to create the mapping outside of the wizard it is necessary to run through the wizard and provide false information to allow a new schema to be created.
- Start the Add Directory Wizard as though creating a new integration.
- Enter anything in the Directory Name and when asked click OK to continue.
- Enter anything in the server name
- Enter a false username and password
- Enter a False Base directory node
- Tick the Box for "define a new mapping" and click Next
- Give your new Schema a name
- Scroll to bottom and dbl click on an unused Unique field type required (user or computer) CanonicalName
- Enter the AD (Active Directory) Property Name in the Mapping field eg CanonicalName
- Click Next
- Click Cancel
The Schema created is retained and can now be attached to the already configured synchronization.
Step2: Modify the Synchronization
- Open Configured Directories and right click on the production directory synchronization.
- Select Properties
- Select the Schema TAB
- Change the Schema to that created in step 1
When the Synchronization next runs it will include the newly mapped AD (Active Directory) property