One of the functions of the Business Object (BOXI) Import Wizard application is to facilitate the migration of BOXI data between BOXI environments. Onechallenge is migrating report content when BOXI users save reports within their personal folders and not within the Public Folder structure.
- Login to the CABI Central Management Console (CMC) as an Administrator
- Create a temporary BOXI Enterprise group (i.e. Import_Users) that will you add the user(s) whose CABI Personal Folders need to be migrated. The reason why a new group is recommended is because when you select a BOXI group via the Import Wizard, all group members are automatically selected. By creating a temporary Enterprise group, you have more control as to the user(s) selected.
- Add desired user(s) to the custom group created in step #2
Note: For this scenario, the Import Wizard is started from the SOURCE CABI server
- Launch the IMPORT WIZARD program (START->PROGRAMS->BUSINESS OBJECTS XI 3.1 ->BUSINESSOBJECTS ENTERPRISE->IMPORT WIZARD)
- Click NEXT on the WELCOME SCREEN
- In the SOURCE window, enter the CMS hostname and BOXI administrator credentials for the source BOXI environment (where you want to get the BOXI content from) and click NEXT
- In the DESTINATION window, enter the CMS hostname and BOXI administrator credentials for the destination BOXI environment (where you want to copy the BOXI content to) and click NEXT
- On the selection screen, click on CLEAR ALL to clear all selections. Then select just the following and click on NEXT:
Import Favorite Folders for Selected Users
- Click NEXT on the warning screen regarding not importing any Universes
- On the IMPORT SCENARIO and INCREMENTAL IMPORT screens, leave the defaults and click on NEXT
- On the USER and GROUPS screen, select the BOXI group created in step #2 above and click on NEXT
- Leave the defaults for the IMPORT OPTIONS FOR PUBLICATIONS and click on NEXT
- Click NEXT on the warning screen regarding not importing any Repository Objects
- The PREPARING FOR IMPORT screen appears. Once available, click on the FINISH button to start the Import process.