If many SNMP community strings need to be changed to the same value, you can mass-modify them in the OneClick for eHealth (OCE) interface.
1) Open the OCE GUI.
2) Select Managed Resources>Elements and filter so that only the ones you need to modify are viewable.
3) Use Ctrl/A to highlight all elements in the list.
4) Right-click and select Edit Element.
5) Select the "Mass Modify" checkbox next to Read-Write Community or Read-Only Community.
6) Enter the new string in the text box.
7) Click Apply/OK.
8) Verify that the strings have been changed/added. If the fields are not present, right-click on the grey title bar and chose Select Fields to add Read-Only Community and/or Read-Write Community fields.
Then monitor your polling errors under Polling Management to be sure the devices are being successfully polled using the new string.
How to mass-modify the SNMP community strings used to poll and discover
Need to change community strings for numerous elements
How to mass-modify community strings
How to change multiple community strings at once
How to change the community string via command line
eHealth 6.0 and later
You can also use the nhModifyElements command with the nhListElements command:
nhListElements -where "readCommunity matches test" - nhModifyElements -fieldName readWriteCommunity -value test1
The command above assumes that "test" was the original community and "test1" is the new one.
Review What are valid characters for eHealth community strings for additional information on valid community string.
(Legacy KB ID CNC TS34885 )