After performing an application upgrade it appears the gateway is not upgraded and rpm shows the prior version and you can't attempt a db upgrade
1) The L7P file is a zip archive. After copying the 9.1.00 Application L7P file to the /home/ssgconfig directory, the first step is to unzip the archive to a temporary directory; # unzip -d /tmp/l7p /home/ssgconfig/Layer7_v9.1.00.L7P
2) Change to the directory containing the rpm files \\example ...
# cd /tmp/l7p/
3) Make certain the ssg service is stopped # service ssg stop
4) Manually update the rpm files.
# /bin/rpm -Uvh ssg-9.1.00*.rpm ssg-appliance-9.1.00*.x86_64.rpm
5) Reboot the server
6) Check to see if the rpms are now correctly reflected as being 9.1.00 # rpm -qa | grep ssg
7) If all looks good then proceed to login to the ssgconfig menu and attempt a database upgrade to 9.1.00