To manually install UNIX agents on a system, do the following:
1. Browse DVD #2 of CA Client Automation and copy the agent folder from under the platform folder.
For example, if you are installing on Linux, you would copy the folder ...\LinuxProductFiles_x86\agent
to the target system in a temp folder via FTP in binary mode to avoid corruption.
2. Login using the root username and password.
3. Browse the agent folder once it copies over and locate the binary installdsm.
4. Run the command chmod 755 installdsm.
5. Run "./installdsm" and follow the prompts.
You can review the ca-dsm.log located in the /tmp directory for details.