This document explains the steps to install and configure Data Direct ODBC driver on a CABI 3.1 install.
On a stand alone CABI 3.1 installation, the data direct ODBC driver will be installed and configured during CA Business Intelligence Configuration.
Steps for installing and configuring the driver on a stand alone CABI installation:
- Run CA Business Intelligence Configuration from ServiceDesk media.
- Click Next on Welcome screen.
- Enter BI Admin Username.
- Enter BI Admin Password.
- Enter CA Service Desk Manager Admin Username.
- Enter CA Service Desk Manager Admin Password.
- Enter CA Service Desk Manager Primary Host.
- The default ODBC port number is 19987.
- Default ODBC install location will be C:\Program Files\CA\SC\CASD_ODBC , you can change the install location if needed.
- The option "Use Data Direct ODBC 6.0 Driver" will install the driver and configure the driver. If a previous version of driver exists on the system, it will update the driver to version 6.0 which is used by the CA ServiceDesk universe in R12.5 CA SDM.
- Click Finish (see Figure 1).
- After the configuration is complete, CA Service Desk Manager data source is available under the System DSN tab of ODBC Data Sources.
- Double click on the ODBC connection and click on Test Connect (see Figure 2).
- In the Data Source Username field enter the Service Desk's Privileged username.
- In the Data Source Password field enter the password for Service Desk's Privileged user and click OK.
- A message "Connection test was successful" will be displayed.