Normally, the out of the box CABI report content is imported via the 'CA Business Intelligence Configuration' program from the CABI install media.
However, there might be circumstances where it would be necessary to manually import the out of the box CABI Service Desk content.
One of the uses of the Business Objects Import Wizard application is to import content into CABI environments from a Business Intelligence Archive Resource (BIAR) files.
Note: You will need access to the CABI install media (DVD#2)
Verify CABI - Service Desk ODBC Connectivity
- Ensure that the CA Service Desk ODBC services on the Service Desk primary server are running
- On the CABI server, launch the 32-bit ODBC program. If CABI is installed on a 64-bit OS, you can launch the 32-bit ODBC program from START -> PROGRAMS -> BUSINESS OBJECTS XI 3.1 -> BUSINESSOBJECTS ENTERPRISE -> 32-BIT DATA SOURCE
- Go to the SYSTEM DSN tab and locate and select the ODBC connection (casd_<Service Desk Primary Server Name>
- Click on CONFIGURE
- Click on the TEST CONNECT button and enter a Service Desk username and password for a Service Desk user that has ADMIN rights. A successful test should result.
- Click on OK, followed by APPLY and then OK
Manually Import Out of Box CABI Service Desk Content
- Launch the IMPORT WIZARD program on the CABI server (START -> PROGRAMS -> BUSINESS OBJECTS XI 3.1 -> BUSINESSOBJECTS ENTERPRISE -> IMPORT WIZARD)
- Click NEXT on the WELCOME SCREEN
- In the SOURCE drop-down field, select 'Business Intelligence Archive Resource (BIAR) File'. In the BIAR FILE field, navigate to the following file on the CABI install media - \ca_tps.nt\CABO\data\CA_ServiceDesk_Reports.BIAR. Click on NEXT
- In the DESTINATION screen, enter the BOXI Administrator password. Click on NEXT
- A progress bar appears showing the BIAR file load progress.
- On the selection screen, click on CLEAR ALL to clear all selections. Then select just the following and click on NEXT:
Import Users and User Groups
Import Folders and Objects
Import Repository Objects
- On the IMPORT SCENARIO and INCREMENTAL IMPORT screens, leave the defaults and click on NEXT
- On the USER and GROUPS screen, click NEXT
- On the FOLDER AND OBJECT screen, select the CA REPORT folder and click on NEXT
- Leave the defaults for the next three (3) screens as below:
- The PREPARING FOR IMPORT screen appears. Once available, click on the FINISH button to start the Import process
Verify CABI Service Desk Universe Connection
- Launch the DESIGNER program on the CABI server (START -> PROGRAMS -> BUSINESS OBJECTS XI 3.1 -> BUSINESSOBJECTS ENTERPRISE -> DESIGNER)
- Enter the credentials for the BOXI ADMINISTRATOR account and click on OK
- Click on TOOLS -> CONNECTIONS. In the CONNECTION LIST window, locate and select the CA SERVICE DESK connection. Click on EDIT.
- Enter the following information:
Authentication Mode : Use specified username and password
User name: ServiceDesk username
Password: ServiceDesk username password
Data Source Name: Select the same ODBC connection as referenced in step #3 of the 'Verify CABI - Service Desk ODBC connectivity' section above
- Click on the TEST CONNECTION button. A message stating 'Connection Successful' should be displayed
Click on OK
- Ensure that the CONNECTION POOL MODE setting is configured as follows
- Click on NEXT and then click on FINISH on the next screen
- Back on the Designer main screen, select FILE -> IMPORT
- Click the top BROWSE button and navigate to the CA UNIVERSES folder and click on OK. The CA SERVICE DESK Universe will appear in the Universe section. Click on OK
- Once the import is complete, click on FILE- > PARAMETERS and click on the TEST button. A message stating 'Connection Successful' should be displayed.
Click on OK
- Click on FILE -> SAVE
- Once the save is complete, select FILE -> EXPORT. Select all the groups in the GROUPS section and click on OK
- Once the export is complete, click on the OK button and close the Designer program.
- Test the out of box Service Desk CABI reports from Infoview to ensure that they work correctly