This document explains how to install the CA Worldview Severity Propagation service when it is not.
- Open a Command Prompt and run the SEVPROP.EXE utility located in C:\CA_APPSW with the following parameters:
SEVPROP install auto
This will create the Service that will be started as local system.
You may change it to a domain account.
- If a domain account is needed to run this service, the application should be registered to DCOM. Open a Command Prompt and run the SEVPROPCOM.EXE utility located in C:\CA_APPSW:
- Check that DCOM entry has been added.
run dcomcnfg and select Component Services -> Computer -> My Computer -> DCOM Config
Expand the node and you should see the following entry:
- Define Permission for the corresponding user in Properties -> Security Tab -> Launch and Activation permissions.
Click Customize -> Edit "Launch and Activation Permissions" and add the Domain User and grant him all launch and activation permissions(local and remote).
Then Click Customize -> Edit "Access Permissions" and grant all permissions as well (local and remote).
- Restart CA Unicenter Severity Propagation service.
The following Knowledge documents related on this subject are:
Title: Troubleshoot the Severity Propagation Service (SevProp).
Title: How to change CA WorldView Severity Propagation Service Log On Credentials from local system account to Domain User.