Procedure to default all contacts preferred Workshifts for Notification Methods type to 'Regular'.
If you have hundreds of contacts without the Workshifts for Notification Methods specified, this document will help you to update the Workshifts for Notification Methods for all the contacts at once without doing a manual update through the Service Desk web interface.
Perform the following steps:
Note: Please be sure to take the appropriate database backups of the usp_contact table prior to following these steps.
- Take the backup of usp_contact table.
- From the Command Prompt, run the following command:
pdm_extract -f "select id, c_ws_id1, c_ws_id2, c_ws_id3, c_ws_id4 from usp_contact">uspws.dat
- Edit the file uspws.dat. In the Find what field enter ""
- In the Replace with column enter "wrkshft:4600".
Note: In "wrkshft:4600", 4600 is the id for 'Regular' workshift. If you would like to use different method as default, extract Bop_Workshift table for the id value.
- Click on Replace All. Ensure the column is updated and save the file. Run the command
pdm_userload -f uspws.dat.Login to Service Desk and verify if the workshift notification method is updated for all contacts.