This KB explains how to use the Xcart funtionality of the XPSExplorer utility to select SiteMinder objects and the XPSExport and XPSImport utility to export/import specific SiteMinder Objects.
The following example shows how to export and import an ODBC User Directory.
- Open a new windows, go to <SiteMinderHomeDir> and execute XPSEplorer:
- Enter 57 to Select user directory.
- Enter S to search user directories.
- Enter the number of the user directory, in our case 1.
- Enter X to add the user directory to the XCart.
- Enter Q, Q and Q to return to the main menu.
- Enter X to see the Xcart Options.
- Enter A to select the import mode, in our case is "ADD".
- Enter the number of the user directory.
- Enter N to save the Xcart.
- Enter the path to save the file.
- Enter Q and Q to exit.
A file with the XID of the user directory has been created. Use this file to export the user directory.
- Export the user directory using the XPSExport utility as follows
XPSExport <Outputfile> -xf <FileWithXIDs>
- Import the user directory using the XPSImport utility in other Policy Server as follows:
The user directory has been imported.