When searching for Knowledge Documents on a secondary server by using the Federated Search function, the following error appears despite the Federated Search option is turned on during the pdm_configure on the secondary server. How can I configure the Federated Search feature on a secondary server?
In order to integrate the Federated Search function on a Service Desk Manager secondary sever, you need to run pdm_configure to turn on the Federated Search option and then add a Tomcat for Federated Search on that secondary server as shown below.
e.g. From pdm_configure
1) Log into Service Desk and open the [Administration] tab.
2) Go to 'System' > 'Configurations' and open the Configuration that currently you are using.
3) Open [Additional Processes] tab and click on <Add Process> button.
4) Enter the following on the Create New Process screen.
Host Name: Select the secondary server host name where you would like to add Federated Search function.
Process: Federated Search Tomcat Server
5) Click on the <Save> button to save the data.
6) Open the [Additional Processes] tab and ensure the process is added.
7) Run pdm_configure on a primary server.
8) Restart the CA Service Desk service on all servers.