Unicenter security is used in NSM 11.0 and 11.1 to protect EM assets such as job handling (limitations for workload operators), filtering event messages (conview profiles), working with calendars, AMS policies, etc... while eTrust Access Control now handles file access, etc...
NSM security is not selectable as a main task to install as it was in previous Unicenter releases. To install NSM Security, you need to:
- Start the NSM 11.0 or 11.1 setup.exe wizard from the installation CD or Master Image.
- Select the radio button "Install any or all NSM components".
- Unselect the box "Express Install": do NOT perform an Express Install.
- Select the component(s) you want; at the end of the screen, the component called "Component Functionality" will show up with a check box "Security for Components that support it", check that box.
- Continue the installation.
Security will now be installed as a separate component controlled by unicntrl e.g. you can issue the commands "unicntrl stop sec" and "unicntrl start sec".
After this is done, you will be able to work with the NSM security assets e.g. thru Programs > CA > Unicenter > NSM > Enterprise management > EM Classic > Users > Access permissions.
See also the Inside Event Mgt guide for conview profiles, etc...