Question: How to install the CA Asset Portfolio Management application on a new server using an existing copy of the mdb where APM has already been installed.
- Install the application specifying a different mdb name during the install e.g. mdb2 or install using a different SQL Server to create an mdb with the same name.
- During the install choose to re-integrate EEM and PAM as needed.
- Patch the newly installed application to match the patch level of the existing mdb.
- Update the 'configvalue' and 'machinename' in the 'al_cdb_configurationparameters' table as needed. e.g. Update the Application, Web and EEM server names, passwords, Ports etc. to match those of the new server.
- Repoint the "CA.Common.LoadConfigurationAttributes.dll.config' files to point to the existing mdb by updating the DatabaseName e.g. mdb2 -> mdb depending on what was done in Step 1. In addition update the UserID, Password, HostName as needed.
- Copy the CA.Common.LoadConfigurationAttributes.dll.config file and replace it in the following directories:
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Application Server\bin
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Data Importer Engine
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Event Service
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Export Service
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Hardware Engine
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Import Driver
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Import Processor
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Import Service\bin
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\LDAP Import Sync Service
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Registration Service
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Storage Manager Service\bin
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\WCF Service\bin
\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Web Server\bin
- Run the EEMCertutility from the C: drive to update the EEMServer and uapmadmin login as needed.
- Perform an IISRESET on BOTH the APM web and APM application servers.